Tech Coach Billy Gillispie on North Texas

Harry

The Mean Green will present a tough early season challenge for the Red Raiders, Gillispie said.

“It will be a good challenge for us,” he said. “We have to continue to take steps forward. We’re taking some baby steps. We’re taking some steps backwards as well. We have to get better. We have to start handling the ball better and thinking about the game better and those kinds of things. They’ll definitely put us to a severe test.”

North Texas is coming off an 81-52 blowout of St. Gregory’s on Friday.

Gillispie said the Mean Green has had a lot of success in recent seasons.

“Coach (Chris) Jones has done a fantastic job over the years,” he said. “I think they’ve had six straight seasons where they’ve won 20 or more games, and they’ve played in their tournament title game four years in a row.

“They’ve got their best group. They have some inexperience as well, but they’ve got their best group of talent. It will be a major challenge for us.”

Tech needs to improve in several areas if it’s going to beat North Texas, Gillispie said.

Read More: http://www.dailytoreador.com/sports/article_792bd84c-0ffd-11e1-a854-001a4bcf6878.html

The Mean Green will present a tough early season challenge for the Red Raiders, Gillispie said.

“It will be a good challenge for us,” he said. “We have to continue to take steps forward. We’re taking some baby steps. We’re taking some steps backwards as well. We have to get better. We have to start handling the ball better and thinking about the game better and those kinds of things. They’ll definitely put us to a severe test.”

North Texas is coming off an 81-52 blowout of St. Gregory’s on Friday.

Gillispie said the Mean Green has had a lot of success in recent seasons.

Coach (Chris) Jones has done a fantastic job over the years,” he said. “I think they’ve had six straight seasons where they’ve won 20 or more games, and they’ve played in their tournament title game four years in a row.

“They’ve got their best group. They have some inexperience as well, but they’ve got their best group of talent. It will be a major challenge for us.”

Tech needs to improve in several areas if it’s going to beat North Texas, Gillispie said.

Read More: http://www.dailytoreador.com/sports/article_792bd84c-0ffd-11e1-a854-001a4bcf6878.html

Wow! I knew Chris was going to be a good player, but I didn't know Johnny has become a puppet coach to him already?

Wow! I knew Chris was going to be a good player, but I didn't know Johnny has become a puppet coach to him already?

Apparently, the kid REALLY knows how to run a team. Maybe the purest "1" we've ever had?

Also: Texas Tech student journalism, ladies and gentlemen! Good hustle, champ. Don't forget to pop outside and slop your 4-H pig, lil' Raider writer!