How many ppl can you bring?

bleedgreen4ever

I just thought I'd post this topic as a quasi-attendance-gatherer-competition. In other words, I want know how many people are YOU brining to the homecoming game? We are brining over 50 new people from different places to our tailgate and a good number of them will go to the game. I've done my part, my number is 50. What's yours?

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow...that's awesome! I have about 10 in my group. Still trying to get more. We were afraid we were not going to be able to go due to a schedule conflict, but since the time was moved, we can now make it.

Go Mean Green!

JRock

Yeah a bunch of the people we got weren't even considering staying for the game, just tailgating. Now that the time has changed, I bet a bunch will go, at least to the first half of the game. And 10 is good!

I just thought I'd post this topic as a quasi-attendance-gatherer-competition. In other words, I want know how many people are YOU brining to the homecoming game? We are brining over 50 new people from different places to our tailgate and a good number of them will go to the game. I've done my part, my number is 50. What's your?

You're doing it right. Every single person here who bitches about attendance, should get off their high horse about what an uber fan they are and get out there and SELL THE DAMN PROGRAM! WFAA isn't going to sell UNT. The Dallas Morning News would rather cease operations than sell UNT. The Sunbelt isn't going to sell UNT. The NCAA sure as hell isn't going to sell UNT. So that leaves it up to the present fan base to bring in organic growth.

For those unfamiliar with the ole' sales funnel illustration, if you bring 50 people to a tailgate, and 3 or 4 of them become season ticket holders, you've succeeded. Keep that pipeline flowing. Get your face out of the mirror, stop admiring yourself, and hold yourself accountable to bring people to Denton. Wine them. Dine them. Get them inside the stadium.

Always be Closing, and forget about the steak knives. You want the Cadillac!

/alecbaldwinABCrant

You're doing it right. Every single person here who bitches about attendance, should get off their high horse about what an uber fan they are and get out there and SELL THE DAMN PROGRAM! WFAA isn't going to sell UNT. The Dallas Morning News would rather cease operations than sell UNT. The Sunbelt isn't going to sell UNT. The NCAA sure as hell isn't going to sell UNT. So that leaves it up to the present fan base to bring in organic growth.

For those unfamiliar with the ole' sales funnel illustration, if you bring 50 people to a tailgate, and 3 or 4 of them become season ticket holders, you've succeeded. Keep that pipeline flowing. Get your face out of the mirror, stop admiring yourself, and hold yourself accountable to bring people to Denton. Wine them. Dine them. Get them inside the stadium.

Always be Closing, and forget about the steak knives. You want the Cadillac!

/alecbaldwinABCrant

I agree. Those so-called "die-hard fans" who complain so much about the program and attendance should stop sitting on their behinds and complaining and rather be pro-active and sell the program and themselves get people to the stands. I'm working hard on having a top-quality tailgate with great tacos, steak, and other goods such as a DJ to entertain our guests. I'm not going to sit around and WAIT until the administration or the head coach sells the program...heck, they have a lot of other things to work on as well. I don't like our attendance numbers, so I'm trying my best to change that. Don't expect people to get 50 guests or so, but even if all of these "die-hard" fans get around 5 guests to the game, I can guarantee you we'd have a sold-out stadium.

I'm going to need RV to call and personally ask me to come in order to show up to this game. Otherwise, I'll be gearing up for the WS.

Sense of entitlement much? Perfect example of the type of fans we don't need and been having for too long. Shame on you. RV would never waste his time on someone like you. I believe he has way more important things to worry about than some self-entitled "fan."

• Downvote 1

Sense of entitlement much? Perfect example of the type of fans we don't need and been having for too long. Shame on you. RV would never waste his time on someone like you. I believe he has way more important things to worry about than some self-entitled "fan."

I don't think you caught the tongue planted firmly in cheek in his post.

It's a sensitive topic when I've devoted so much time into bringing more people to the game. I didn't see the obvious humor in the post, but I sure hope it was intended that way.

My bad bleedgreen. Yes, it was a sarcastic comment similar to serious posts you find littered all over this message board following the kickoff time change. I will be there Saturday. Would've come to the game regardless. We have such few home games each year I really don't understand why there has to be so much fuss over everything all the time. Just enjoy jumping on the dog pile or fighting one off from time to time.

My bad bleedgreen. Yes, it was a sarcastic comment similar to serious posts you find littered all over this message board following the kickoff time change. I will be there Saturday. Would've come to the game regardless. We have such few home games each year I really don't understand why there has to be so much fuss over everything all the time. Just enjoy jumping on the dog pile or fighting one off from time to time.

Yeah, I can now see the sarcasm. Took me a while since I'm so involved in this topic. And yeah, lots of NT "fans" have a tradition of complaining. Yet, we struggle in attendance and don't have a reputation of being supportive as fans. It stinks but only the pro-active folks will be able to help change things around.