WKU Guard Patrick Sparks Transfers to

Patrick Sparks has transferred to UK where he will sit out one year per NCAA regulations. He also visited Oklahoma State and had planned visits to Ohio State and Kansas.

Why no one recruited this kid, except WKU, out of Muhlenburg North High School still blows me away.

Sparks is the real deal if you havn't seen him play and easily the best Guard in the Sunbelt last year.

The fans in KY treated Patrick as royalty. His home town laid out $25,000 a year for a luxury box in Diddle Arena just to watch him play. He was going to go down in WKU history as probably one of the greatest players to ever play on the Hill. However, Patrica turned his back on the Big Red nation in order to feed his ego. I don't wish the kid bad luck but what he did to the students and fans in Bowling Green is simply a classless move. WKU hoops is on the rise and will survive fine without Patrick. WKU has beaten both UK and UL during their last meetings. The new coach (Darrin Horn) can run circles around Felton in terms of coaching and recruiting. Even though the Toppers lost 4 starters from this year's team, there is still a chance that WKU will be in the Top 25 when all is said and done next year. I can't wait for the Toppers to visit Denton in 2004.

UNT-2003 Football Sun Belt Champs

WKU-2004 B-ball Sun Belt Champs

P.S.- Both WKU and UNT deserve to play in a better conference!

From what I heard, he believed that WKU wasn't the big time and wanted to take his game University of KY. I believe that he just used the coaching change as an excuse to bolt out of Bowling Green. If Patrick left soley because of the coaching change, he would of followed Felton to UGA. I think the kid has always wanted to play for UK and was determined to get to Lexington by any means, including using and abusing the people in Bowling Green.