With Keenum back Expect Houston to Take Off

Harry

Houston senior Case Keenum might be the best college quarterback east of Palo Alto, Calif. He also might be the nation's worst tackler.

His past two tackles -- or make that attempted tackles -- resulted in Keenum receiving a concussion and a torn ACL.

"Every time I throw a pick it's something I want to do, try and go and kill the guy [who made the interception]," Keenum said. "I definitely want to hit him as hard as I can."

In the Cougars' second game last season, Keenum suffered a concussion while attempting a tackle after throwing a third-quarter interception to UTEP's Travaun Nixon. He didn't play the rest of the game.

Keenum returned a week later against UCLA. This time, he was intercepted by linebacker Akeem Ayers. Keenum's attempted tackle of Ayers resulted in a torn ACL in his right knee, ending Keenum's season -- and nearly his college career.

However, Keenum was granted a sixth year of eligibility and he gained a new philosophy on what to do when he throws an interception this fall.

"I thought about it," Keenum said. "I've joked I'll curl up in a fetal position. I don't know what's going to happen. We don't practice it, but I'll definitely be less involved."

Keenum's return not only makes the Cougars the team to beat in Conference USA's West Division but also gives C-USA arguably the deepest, most talented group of quarterbacks in the nation. C-USA returns four quarterbacks that threw for at least 3,000 yards last season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15474457/cusa-preview-with-keenum-back-expect-houston-to-take-off

Keenum has one of the quickest released I've ever witnessed. He is perfect for Houston's offense. And I don't think I've ever seen bubble screens/passes to the flat done as well as this guy. We got tired of 'm in Denton for reasons that have already been beaten to a pulp. but Houston uses those plays correctly, and executes to perfection.

I really really hope he is not at the same level after tearing his ACL. We'll see.

Keenum has one of the quickest released I've ever witnessed. He is perfect for Houston's offense. And I don't think I've ever seen bubble screens/passes to the flat done as well as this guy. We got tired of 'm in Denton for reasons that have already been beaten to a pulp. but Houston uses those plays correctly, and executes to perfection.

I really really hope he is not at the same level after tearing his ACL. We'll see.

Sumlin is a very good coach--he will be an AQ coach very soon. Keenum is the perfect QB for his system because of that release and the athletes that he throws to. Their offense will be stout.

Their defense is always what holds them back from being a serious BCS buster, but UH is definitely a team that we need to emulate over the next few years.

• Upvote 1