Who says politics aren't a sport?

UNT96

I don't know if you guys keep up with what is going on with the Texas State Legislature but right now you have a coup going on. They are split right down party lines on redistricting and rather than just take it lying down and losing, the democrats (50 of 53) decided to go to Oklahoma to hang out in Ardmore for the next 2 weeks so that a quorun cannot be established. Brilliant political move and I wonder why it doesn't happen more often. Kudos to those guys for believing in their cause enough to actually DO something about it. Gives me hope that not all politicians are scumbags.

It isn't brilliant-it is illegal!!! They all deserve to lose their post. They should all resign. The governer was correct in that if this is allowed, then we might as well close up shop and turn the capital into a museum, because from now on when a group of state legislators don't get their way, they will just refuse to show up to prevent the vote from occuring.

They are cowards-everyone of them. They should debate the issues and let their voices be heard loud and clear from the senate floor--not from Ardmore, Oklahoma.

Bunch of babies.