Official Capacity Of The New Stadium Is..........................

SUMG

And also correct a few things, such as the student side seats... that could be built up a bit higher and is it to much to ask for some backs to the seats? It cannot cost that much more... if your going to put 70 million into a stadium you could at least throw in the 10k to put backings on the seats. Also the "wings" in the end zone could use a backing. It would look so much nicer to drive by on the highway and see a green backing to them, or a mural instead of seeing the steel bars

Also, it doesn't even have a track! It's like we're downgrading from our current facility.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

And also correct a few things, such as the student side seats... that could be built up a bit higher and is it to much to ask for some backs to the seats? It cannot cost that much more... if your going to put 70 million into a stadium you could at least throw in the 10k to put backings on the seats. Also the "wings" in the end zone could use a backing. It would look so much nicer to drive by on the highway and see a green backing to them, or a mural instead of seeing the steel bars

I would like to see those chair backs you are going to buy for 30 cents a piece.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the video below is what I was thinking of. At the end, Rick says "we can take the current configuration, move some light standards, add some seats, and get to 50,000 without tearing anything out and that's where we plan to be."

http://video.dallas.cbslocal.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?clipId1=5614810&flvUri=&partnerclipid=&at1=Sport&vt1=v&h1=New%20Stadium%20Well%20Underway%20At%20The%20Universi​ty%20Of%20North%20Texas&d1=362366&redirUrl=http://video.dallas.cbslocal.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv&rnd=90887569

I believe that is just refering to expanding to 50k. I think that the construction of the wingzone allows it to be easily torn down if there is a need to expand beyond 50k. If that glorious day ever comes it seems like once we built up the student side more, we would then build up the wingzone similar to TAMU or Oklahoma State.