Sun Belt Volleyball Tournament

Mean Green Matt

North Texas just started their game vs. Arkansas State. Here is a link to the live stats: Live Stats

UNT vs. ASU is the 4/5 matchup, with ASU holding the higher seed. So far today, the higher seed has won every game 3-0.

#2 WKU 3-0 #7 ULL

#3 FIU 3-0 #6 Denver

#1 MTSU 3-0 #8 USA

The winner of the UNT/ASU game plays MTSU tomorrow.

Go Mean Green!

North Texas took the first set 25-15...leading 16-10 in set 2.

EDIT: The Live Stats may be wrong...they have ASU up 1-0 but show NT winning the first set. I'm trying to sort it out.

EDIT AGAIN: After reading through the play by play it appears that the scores above are correct, but I am not 100% sure. They must have accidentally given the set to ASU on the scoreboard.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

The final scoreline is (25-15,25-21,25-21). It says ASU won 3-0 in one place, and that UNT won 3-0 in another. The names match up to be a UNT victory, but still not positive. The Sun Belt is confusing. :(

Edit: It's official! UNT wins 3-0 and will face #1 seed MTSU at 7:30 tomorrow!

MTSU wins the match 3-1. :(

Great Season by our team though! Co-west division championship, and then we beat the team we shared the title with in the first round of the tournament. The team won their first Vball tournament game since 2006, and put up a good fight against a MTSU team that only dropped 1 SBC game all season. Coach Murczek has a great recruiting class coming in as well. I never saw the final numbers, but for most of the year we led the SBC in attendance as well, including 697 for our final home game. This program is on the way up!

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Great start for the new coaching staff and congrats to the team. It will be interesting to see what Murczek can do next year. He actually inherited a descent team, the past coach used to have a good team about every four years and Murczek came in at the right time in the cycle. They lose some good talent but I suspect that next years team will be better.