Fau New Stadium And Seating Options

stebo

4 different levels for giving - they have outdoor boxes, indoor boxes, premium seats and priority seats. All have different giving levels and all have access to "club" areas where they can.... BUY ALCOHOL. FAU has figured out that you can make a lot more money having 8,000 people in various levels of premium seats/suites/boxes rather than 1500 or so. They will make more money off of them by selling them beer and food and probably get a lot more commitments. They also have incentives to lock in for 5 years but will allow the customer to pay more for a lower commitment.

I really think that these guys hit the nail on the head. There is something for every budget in their seating options. Check it out and let me know what you think. I am having a hard time justifying paying $6500 (plus $500 Mean Green Club donation, plus season ticket costs) to sit on the 10 yard line.

One thing that I REALLY like - they are letting people group seats together so that they can join as groups AND they will let a group of fans purchase the rights to a 22 seat luxury box. I wish that we do this. If we can - why isn't it spelled out so easily like FAU? It is frustrating to see a start up program like FAU "get it"... faster than us.

http://www.fau.edu/stadium/index.html

Edited by stebo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is frustrating to see a start up program like FAU "get it"... faster than us.

http://www.fau.edu/stadium/index.html

Most of us are pretty much used to stuff like this by now. Its why a lot of people fret about the two newest WAC schools in Texas doing the same thing over the course of the next decade. Hopefully not, but we know our history.

Most of us are pretty much used to stuff like this by now. Its why a lot of people fret about the two newest WAC schools in Texas doing the same thing over the course of the next decade. Hopefully not, but we know our history.

Yeah, I get that. Some things have definitely improved over the years. I bought my season tickets on the internet this year and was actually able to select the section that I wanted and everything. That is a huge improvement over having to get someone on the phone in the ticket office, etc.. I just found their stadium website very innovative re: all of the different seating options. And I like how they have "premium" "priority" "loge" and "luxury" seating that pretty much takes up half of the press box side. It is just smart business, they get more season ticket holders, they get higher alcohol sales, and they leave options for people that want to "try" premium seating for 1 or 2 years (to see if it is the right fit for them). I wish that we had more options like this. The options that we have are going for a small quantity of people to fund the stadium. Wouldn't it be smarter to go for a large quantity of people at different price levels? And who knows - maybe there WILL be those other price levels available, but they are wihtholding them for now (until they sell out the suites and club seats) - if so, those customers are going to feel extremely screwed over. Are we really building a huge club level for "only" 750 people? It just doesn't make sense.