NT BB alum Andre Boutte

Got to wonder if Boutte is bitter towards UNT. I'm from the Beaumont/Port Arthur area and for years I have read about all of the great players that Boutte has coached at Kountz, Lincoln, and now Ozen. Yet, not one of these players has probably set foot on the Denton campus for a visit. We did have one Lincoln player on the team through a Junior College, but he was a bust. Eventually got nabbed for selling dope near a local HS. I realize it's not Boutte's job to recruit for UNT. But you would think that just a couple of them could have wondered in to the Super Pit. blink.gif

He's a fine, well respected young coach who will eventually get that 1A job he yearns for. He might have to spend a couple of years at the 1AA level, but after that, look out.

DG, with a new coach at UNT, and all new heads of state (President and Athletic Director), I believe now would be a good time to try and re-establish a relationship with him. Do you know if Coach Jones is familiar with his ties to UNT? If not, then send Coach Jones an email and let him know.

One of the best thing we can do for North Texas as alumni, is help with recruiting. This is especially true if we have coaches, who are alums, that consisently turnout great athletes (i.e. Royce "Snoopy" Johnson head coach at Dallas Kimball). Let's make sure the athletic department is aware that they are out there!

I promise that if there is ever a worthwhile D-1 recruit at a HS I coach at, I will put in more than a few good words for NT. By the time I am through, he/she will think that the Super Pit is made of gold and Bruce Hall is actually a pleasant place to live. laugh.gif

And if I can't talk them into it, I will just give PMG thier number.