Sat Scrimmage Overview 08/21

jimbob

Good scrimmage today. Generally speaking, I thought the defense stepped up some. I thought the receivers in the end-zone were better covered than I've seen in the past. QBs threw some good long balls, but I was more impressed with their ability to put the ball where only the receiver could get to it. I know there are some starting receivers out, so it was encouraging that the 2s & 3s did a nice job catching the ball. I watched the O-line pretty closely and I think the starting five are very good with the 2s being just slightly behind. The difference is in the little things; a step, some ball awareness and some line communication, but they could step in almost seamlessly if necessary. To me the best improvement from last year to this year is that we now have a Division I offense with a plan and goals. It has runs, short and long passes, misdirection and accountability. I LIKE IT! I think we're gonna win a lot of games because of the accountability alone.

• Upvote 4

Good scrimmage today. Generally speaking, I thought the defense stepped up some. I thought the receivers in the end-zone were better covered than I've seen in the past. QBs threw some good long balls, but I was more impressed with their ability to put the ball where only the receiver could get to it. I know there are some starting receivers out, so it was encouraging that the 2s & 3s did a nice job catching the ball. I watched the O-line pretty closely and I think the starting five are very good with the 2s being just slightly behind. The difference is in the little things; a step, some ball awareness and some line communication, but they could step in almost seamlessly if necessary. To me the best improvement from last year to this year is that we now have a Division I offense with a plan and goals. It has runs, short and long passes, misdirection and accountability. I LIKE IT! I think we're gonna win a lot of games because of the accountability alone.

Welcome to the board, jimbob, and +1 for some good analysis.

Nice analysis and welcome to the board Jim Bob!