No Mwc Expansion

I see. When is SWTSU scheduled to make the jump to FBS?

That depends on what happens with the Moratorium. We cannot transition until the NCAA moratorium is lifted next summer. At that time, we could accept a conference bid (if one was available), buy out of the Southland contract, and begin the transition to FBS. From what I have read, I think it is a two year time table until we are a full qualifier.

2011- FCS Indy

2012- FBS partial qualifier

2013- FBS full

By that time, we will have completed the football expansion to 27k, new track and field complex, overhaul of basketball facilities, and have the full $20-25M Athletic budget.

Nobody knows how the moratorium will be lifted. The reason it was put there in the first place is because there are too many FBS teams that can't pay their bills. All but a handful run a deficit in athletics.

The moratorium may be lifted, but there may be conditions imposed - such as a cap of 120 teams in FBS so that someone has to drop in order for someone to move up.

I just think all the talk from south Texas about certain universities shopping around to be a part of this expansion is way, way premature.