Post-game Radio Show

Big E

So I'm sitting at the game looking at fourth and five thinking you go for it instead of kicking the field goal because all a field goal does is prevent a potential tie if Army were to drive down the field and kick one. A touchdown seals the game. And if you don't make the first down, Army still has to drive the length of the field. So I'm pleasantly surprised to see Dodge send out the offense, but then we all know what happens then. Dodge said they were trying to catch Army with their field goal defense in. When Army didn't do that, there was no plan. Hence the timeout and sending out our middle school league kicker. Dodge said he should have gone with his first impression and actually gone for it on fourth down. I was talking to myself as they lined up for the field goal saying "what are you doing, no, go for it, you had it right the first time". Unbelievable. George and Hank concluded the broadcast by saying 90 players will return next year and they will be bigger, stronger and better next year. Probably true, but the talent of the players didn't lose this game, although five turnovers kept Army in the game...the play calling and coaching decisions sealed the fate of this team.

So I'm sitting at the game looking at fourth and five thinking you go for it instead of kicking the field goal because all a field goal does is prevent a potential tie if Army were to drive down the field and kick one. A touchdown seals the game. And if you don't make the first down, Army still has to drive the length of the field. So I'm pleasantly surprised to see Dodge send out the offense, but then we all know what happens then. Dodge said they were trying to catch Army with their field goal defense in. When Army didn't do that, there was no plan. Hence the timeout and sending out our middle school league kicker. Dodge said he should have gone with his first impression and actually gone for it on fourth down. I was talking to myself as they lined up for the field goal saying "what are you doing, no, go for it, you had it right the first time". Unbelievable. George and Hank concluded the broadcast by saying 90 players will return next year and they will be bigger, stronger and better next year. Probably true, but the talent of the players didn't lose this game, although five turnovers kept Army in the game...the play calling and coaching decisions sealed the fate of this team.

BINGO....and that is the SINGLE reason why a change needs to be made. This staff could sign all 4 and 5 star recruits and at the end of the day it has very little to do with talent.