Army Football: In Unusual Position, Knights Try To Avoid A Trap Game

mgsteve

"In terms of skill and a quarterback (Riley Dodge) who can operate within a system and a running back (Lance Dunbar) who can break your heart, this is as dangerous an outfit as we have played, and our guys know that," Army coach Rich Ellerson said. "There is no taking anything lightly. Are you kidding me? We know how hard this is. To make this a fair fight, and for us to have a chance in this we have to be a great turnover team. We have to be a team that doesn't blink and executes without errors or delays and can do that for 60 minutes."

The Army offense is easy to defend - it's position football and hitting your assignment whether they have the ball or not. Unfortunately, assignment defense is an area in which we are woefully inadequate.

I don't know. We only gave up 74 to the last team that played "position football"

If we score 80, I like our chances...