Game Notes

H-towngreen

I noticed that Matt Tomlinson was starting last night and played most the game it seems. I hadn't heard much about him throughout camp. I guess he beat out Bailey and Feeley.

Ira Smith looked real good at Safety. Good in both coverage and against the run. It seems as though that move worked out well. And how about Royce Hill!?! Wow...that kid is a player.

Kylie Hill got mentioned a few times as well. Pretty good 1st game at his new position.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I noticed that Matt Tomlinson was starting last night and played most the game it seems. I hadn't heard much about him throughout camp. I guess he beat out Bailey and Feeley.

Ira Smith looked real good at Safety. Good in both coverage and against the run. It seems as though that move worked out well. And how about Royce Hill!?! Wow...that kid is a player.

Kylie Hill got mentioned a few times as well. Pretty good 1st game at his new position.

Tomlinson is a mystery. He's not listed on the participation report but I'm sure that I saw him as well. He is a tackle so he must have replaced either Gill or Santiago. I'm a little disappointed that Hollivay, Feeley, Bean, and Jenkins didn't get at least one series because I don't think there's that much dropoff between the first and second units. I'm not going to complain that much though because the o-line all0owed no sacks and only two tackles for a loss.

All of the defense were great but Royce Hill and Robertson were outstanding. Coverage and pressure by the defense is what caused Page's low completion percentage.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

If Tomlinson is #72, he played both right and left tackle. I did not watch him every play, but when I did he was very impressive.

Tomlinson looked AWESOME Thursday night!! As did Drake, JJ, heck they all looked good but seeing big Matt in there knockin people around was good to see.