Soccer Field Upgrades

HMNSHLD

http://nttvsports.wordpress.com/2008/05/06...venue-upgrades/

Just a couple of quick pictures I took of the construction at the Soccer Field.

There are now covered benches for each team. The middle section is probably going to be for officials and the PA, and a Press Box is on top. The bricks match the dugouts at Lovelace. I'm waiting for the camera tower to get built (hopefully), cause I really want to try and broadcast some games.

http://nttvsports.wordpress.com/2008/05/06...venue-upgrades/

Just a couple of quick pictures I took of the construction at the Soccer Field.

There are now covered benches for each team. The middle section is probably going to be for officials and the PA, and a Press Box is on top. The bricks match the dugouts at Lovelace. I'm waiting for the camera tower to get built (hopefully), cause I really want to try and broadcast some games.

Nice...

Won't the other planned major facility at the Mean Green Village make all the other ones look even better? B)

Just another example of the good things happening at UNT these days...this will mkake it even nicer when RV brings back the men's soccer program. O.K., a fella can dream, right? GO MEAN GREEN!

When our school district built two fields for our junior high school football teams, the area for the clock keeper had to be placed in front on the stands at a level that could be accessed by a person on crutches or in a wheelchair. We were told that the Americans With Disabilities Act prohibited a press box at the top of the stands unless an elevator was installed (or some other manner of access was provided) That was WAY too expensive. I wonder how the UNT folks got around that requirement. Does anyone know about that. The improvements look great. I was just wondering about handicapped access to the top level. Perhaps the requirements that I mentioned were only for NEW construction.