Fort Worth Marine Mud Run

I jsut found out a good friend of mine ran one of these last year and loved it. Anyone else on the board have experience with it? I am seriously interested in attempting this but don't want to go into it alone and honestly don't think I can get a team of 5 together. Just curious if anyone has been down this road and could tell me what to expect... or even someone who might want to be running buddies....

• Downvote 1

I jsut found out a good friend of mine ran one of these last year and loved it. Anyone else on the board have experience with it? I am seriously interested in attempting this but don't want to go into it alone and honestly don't think I can get a team of 5 together. Just curious if anyone has been down this road and could tell me what to expect... or even someone who might want to be running buddies....

Haven't run it, but have watched more than a couple. If you drive down 183 right past Ridgmar Mall over here in "the West'o'plex", as PMG puts it, you'll pass by the old Carswell air strip. The Mud Run laps the airfield, and is basically a dirt access road that they totally hose down, and parts of it are right next to 183.

They really muck it up with a lot of water, and it is usually relatively cool weather, so you will get wet and probably cold. The Run also utilizes the obstacles set up for training such as pole barriers, roadblocks, and I've even seen rope obstacles at least once. It's pretty cool, but looks like it will wear you out if you let it. I believe you can also run around the obstacles if you want on the 'dry run'.

Here's some more info--it's for a good cause--and note that MILLER BEER is providing refreshments of some sort... :thumbsup:

*******************************************************************************************************

The U.S. Marines of NAS-JRB Ft. Worth will host their 5th Annual Mud Run. More than 700 civilians are expected to participate in this year's 10k obstacle course. Participants will run, slip, slosh and crawl their way through some of the thickest mud as they vie for the title of Marine Mud Run Champion.

The event, presented by Miller Lite, will help raise funds for the Tarrant and Dallas County Young Marines Organization. With the assistance of the U.S. Marines, all participants will cross the finish line. The annual 10k race is open to the public and requires advance registration via the Mud Run Website. This year's race is expected to raise more than $6,000 for the Young Marines program.

WHO:

Ft. Worth Marines to Host 5th Annual Mud Run

WHERE:

NAS Fort Worth, TX (Formerly Carswell Air Force Base)

Ft. Worth, Texas 76127

WHEN:

Saturday, October 16th

Race Starts 0800

Awards Ceremony 1145

Group Wash Down 1200

Miller Lite Mud Run Celebration 1200-1400

PRE-REGISTRATION: Go to www.mudrundfw.com or call (817) 917-0962

MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES:

-- A media only "Wet Run" demonstration will be held on Friday, October

15 at 2 p.m. Please R.S.V.P. for your personal trial run. Or, you can watch

our very own Marines go through a few of the obstacles.

-- Capture footage/images of participants during the race

-- Trophy ceremony

-- Group wash-down provided by the Ft. Worth Fire Department

-- Post-event celebration provided by Miller Lite

You realize that this is physical activity, right?

Suck it... I am actually back in the gym working otu and have already lost around 25 to 30 pounds... and I have gotten my basketball shot back better than ever... lick my taint

Maybe in Mobile they'll have an under 16 timeout 3 point shooting contest like the old days. We'll see how "back" that jumper is.

Some of the guys from my airsoft team ran in this last year, our team leader, a jarhead-to-the-core always pushes to go to this. If you saw some folks in woodland digital pants and black shirts, those were probably them. I hear it's a pile of fun, no matter how cold it is. I keep missing these because its always a weekend I'm pulled out of town by family or something like that. You should go, just be ready to be covered, in totality, from head to toe in mud, and have it in places you didn't remember you had.

Expect to be passed by guys in really good shape. This last year, there were law enforcement types, active military and even PMCs there. From what I gathered, the military and PMC guys did the best by far.

Edited by meangreendork