Little Rock

CMJ

Seriously, it very well could be. It's a game we HAVE to have if we want to have any shot at the West. At this point it's 50/50 on even hosting a 1st round SBC tourney game. UALR has gotten blown out by WKU and MTSU in back to back games. They'll be hungry.

Should we win we'll move into a tie for 2nd with UALR and the loser of ULL/Denver on Sunday(and probably UNO as well provided they beat Monroe). Should we lose, we're two games out with very little time to make up the difference.

WE MUST WIN SATURDAY.

Edited by CMJ

How do we match up?

Where's Censored when you need him? :lol: Most of what I know about UALR is they're a young team who was thought to be a year away.

What's most crazy about the West is it was hought to be a 2 horse race between us and ASU before the season. Denver, UALR, and ULL on the other hand were widely thought of as the bottom of our division.

Where's Censored when you need him? :lol: Most of what I know about UALR is they're a young team who was thought to be a year away.

What's most crazy about the West is it was hought to be a 2 horse race between us and ASU before the season. Denver, UALR, and ULL on the other hand were widely thought of as the bottom of our division.

Flattered...really.

UALR is a strange team. Sheilds expects a strong commitment to defense...to the point where it may cost them offensivly. Their leading scorer is 6'5" wing De'Andre Eggins...but he's averaging just under 9 points per game and it hasn't been 8 one night and 10 the next. Eggins dropped 22 on WKU and followed that up with 4 against MTSU. The entire team has been like that this season. Early in the season it seemed like two or three different players would step up every night and UALR was winning (against some lesser compitition as well)...now it seems IF 2 or 3 can step up they can win...its just been very inconsistant.

I think the guy to really be weary of tonight is forward Shane Edwards. Edwards is a JUCO transfer who looked like a steal in the beginning part of the season, averaging nearly 10 points and five board and leading the team in scoring 4 times including their win against Pepperdine. Since he's seen his minutes and production drastically cut, until the MTSU game when he led UALR with 12 points.

CMJ is right...this is a young team (only 2 contributing seniors) and like us they're sitting on a very athletic D1 transfer big man so they should be much improved next year.

I just get this gut feel that no matter what happens the rest of the season, UNT has a shot come Sun Belt Tournament time. Yeah, this game is big and will possibly have an impact on postseason seedings in the SBC Tourney, but I think UNT's best basketball is still to come. This may be way out of left field, but this is just my gut feel.

it is all up to us on what happens the rest of the way out. if our guys want to win the division, we can... we control our own destiny, we have games left with all 3 of the teams ahead of us... so the bottom line is if we play well we win the division, if we don't there is no telling what will happen.