Hollivay Got Him Some Stars

Mean Green 93-98

Gabe Hollivay has now been rated by Rivals as a 5.3 2-star. This brings our Rivals average star rating up to 2.31, whereas we were around 2.23 yesterday.

That's lower than I expected. Hollivay played both ways in high school but recruiting analyst Max Emfinger had him listed as one of the top 25 nose tackles in the country prior to his senior season. He concentrated his efforts on the offensive side when there was a need there in junior college and started his freshman season.

side note - Hollivay also went to state in the shot put and discus events.

That's lower than I expected. Hollivay played both ways in high school but recruiting analyst Max Emfinger had him listed as one of the top 25 nose tackles in the country prior to his senior season. He concentrated his efforts on the offensive side when there was a need there in junior college and started his freshman season.

side note - Hollivay also went to state in the shot put and discus events.

Yeah but he was unrated by rivals out of high school and didn't get rated this time until he committed. From what I see I like him but he wasn't getting a lot of attention and just wasn't in high demand so I'd assume the most of the scouts knew very little about him. Hopefully he proves everyone over looked him.

Gabe Hollivay has now been rated by Rivals as a 5.3 2-star. This brings our Rivals average star rating up to 2.31, whereas we were around 2.23 yesterday.

I am beginning to think my math degree is worthless.... We add a two-star ( 2.0) to a 2.23 average and it increases our average to 2.31.???? I am confused.

I am beginning to think my math degree is worthless.... We add a two-star ( 2.0) to a 2.23 average and it increases our average to 2.31.???? I am confused.

It's because our average was previously calculated having an unranked player. We have thus replaced an unranked player with a 2-star rating.