Who Did Santa Not Bring You?

emmitt01

Off the top I am extremely impressed with the class Todge was able to put together. Eight 3* players, two of whom are OL, one a DE, and several who will play in the secondary (not to mention the QB of the future we would all assume) makes for a pretty darn good class to me since these were our "need" positions.

Now, who was on your Christmas list that Santa Todge didn't bring you? Was there a player, or perhaps just a player at a need position, that you really hoped for and we didn't land? Try to keep it reasonable as in players we were actually going after and didn't land. I'm sure we all would have liked to land Tyrelle Pryor.

For me it's Blake Gumm. He seemed like one we had a legitimate shot at when it boiled down to us or Arizona. Plus, he's a DT. I think DT is the one position where a "impact" recruit might have been most needed. Perhaps it was a grades issue. Maybe not. Either way he's still showing as uncommited so I can still hope. :lol:

Guest GrayEagleOne

At this stage we've done all that we can do and we should know by tomorrow noon if the staff's hard work has paid off.

Like Emmitt, the only thing missing from this class is a DT. I know that Blake Gumm hasn't signed yet but I doubt that we ever get him. My favorite though is Mao Leota. I think that Rivals underrated him and that he could be the second coming of Brandon Kennedy. If he ever gets clearance from the NCAA (if that is the problem) then I hope that we can lure him here. If he goes to a JC/CC then I hope that we have a scholarship available when he's ready.

I've followed every recruiting class since the mid 50s and I still say that on paper this is the best one from top to bottom. We've filled our critical needs, have decent size and speed to burn. Last year, I think that (lack of) speed contributed heavily to our downfall. This year we have 13 recruits who run a 4.5 or better forty and no skill position runs worse than a 4.6. I think that there are only two or three that could not step in and contribute this year if needed.

Also, not to be overlooked, Santa brought us a proven Defensive Coordinator.