Football Is Getting All The Attention From Saturday

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It goes on at other places as well. Last year I recall during one of the few times I ever get to hear him, Norm talking about an atrocious low turnout for an A&M team that was ranked, or just beat a ranked team and was on a streak???can't remember exactly what had just happened?, But he was talking about how many people fill their football stadium, that they finally got an exciting basketball team etc.. and no one hardly showed up(I assume he was comparing to how many people their place holds?).

Just a suggestion. How about some of you great basketball die hards start planning on attending the conference tournament this year........now. That way unlike last year, Emmitt, TastyGreek and I will have more folks from this board to high five and celebrate with other than the 45 to 50(parents, staff members andfamily and a few friends of the university) that were there in Lafeyette last February? :D

Rick

My wife and I made it over the the Super Pit after the football game Staurday. It was a great day for UNT fans and memebrs of ther Mean Green nation. Yes, I too, was a bit disappoinrted in the turnout..BUT, it was after the Navy game...some folks were probably tired, some were probably "bummed out" after the loss to navy and opted to go home, and some perhaps stayed away due to the size of the crowd at the football game and the possibility of not being able to park. Who knows, but OSU is at the Pit tonight...let's see where the crowd is for tonoght's game. If you can't get excited about OSU playing at UNT, well...you are not much of a fan.

Hey, where were the students Saturday night??????

Also, a bit "thanks" to the cheer and dance squads...they were at both games Satirday...they work hard and were probably pretty tired but they made it...well done! :D