Coin Toss Saturday, "with Special Guests"

SUMG

I received an e-mail from Athletics detailing some of the events on Saturday. Here's something I copied off from the e-mail:

Gameday Activties:

-Kappa Kappa Gama 3rd Annual Chilli Cookoff - 1:00 pm

-Pregame Concert by the Brandon Bush Band in student tailgating area

-Chaplin Mike Hogg, NAS JRB FW, pregame invocation

-Coin toss with special guests

-Flyover before tip-off @ 2:50pm

I wonder who the "special guests" are going to be????????

Don't have a clue, but I thought Staubach wasn't going to be able to stick around for the game due to another commitment. My dream guests would be Roger and Mean Joe, walking out for the coin toss with their respective team captains.

Staubach, probably. Isn't Hayden Fry supposed to show up at one of the games, or was that for Homecoming?

I believe I read a couple of weeks ago that Roger Staubach already had a pre-planned business committment that he just couldn't get out of to attend this game. The blurb said something about him attending some pre-game function whether that be tomorrow or early Saturday but.............

................. that was all before Navy beat Notre Dame last Saturday, ie, the first time for the Middies' to beat the Fightin' Irish since Roger "The Dodger" was (himself) the Navy QB, so.............maybe because of Navy's Big Win, Roger's plans have suddenly changed and so maybe he has all but agreed with UNT officials to be that special guests but still left himself an out just in case?

SUMG's idea early last Spring was to have Roger Staubach and Mean Joe Greene meeet each othe for the coin toss would be quite cool. If I recall, it seems those 2 played against each other in a few Super Bowls back in the 1970's, right? Nevertheless, that would be my "dream special guests" for this game just as it is EagleMBA's (and I'd bet many of yours, too).

Saturday is going to be a real fun event that I hope many of our alums/fans can change their schedules if they had prior events in order to attend this truly historic happening for the University of North Texas, Fouts Field and Denton, Texas, America. Throw out the records because this is now all about being an Event & One That's Fixin' To Happen in about 48 hours now.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen