New Nt Hat At Lids (black)

NT91

http://www.lids.com/pid/20089712

Not to bad. It has the "Exes" on the hat!

It is a nice cap, and I do people will link it back to UNT but I don't see Exes on it. The CLC licensed art includes the Exes under the NT Star. The word "Exes" may be on the back of the hat on the strap, I can't tell. I think I recall Paul saying he approved this by mistake and will not approve any more that are off the CLC licensing models. If this hat sells more than the others maybe we need to rethink what we have licensed.

Yes all kelly green would be nice!

I think LIDS has reserved all its kelly green (only) for Notre Dame caps. They still don't seem to have a clue as to what we are trying to do at UNT with our brandings and sports gear colors, but FWIW....we don't sometimes know ourselves what we are trying to do with our brandings (at times). :)

If our illustrious branding history @ UNT repeats itself, by the time LIDS (and other vendors) figure out that kelly green is now our official color, another new UNT administration will change our shade of green (once again). :rolleyes:

BTW, the much brighter kelly green surely showed up much better than our former shade of green as the ESPN TV cameras panned the student side during their broadcast of our game. In fact, I am watching a replay of last Saturday's game as I post.

Never mind that Notre Dame's colors are yellow/gold and blue.

I believe it was former ND Coach Dan Devine who in the 2'nd half of some Fightin' Irish game during his tenure that brought his Irish team out in the kelly green to get his team (and home crowd) all fired up. As I recall that game--it worked and the green sorta' stuck around with many ND fans.

True, ND's official school colors are yellow/gold/blue, but Eagles was also our alma mater's original "official" mascot as picked by NT students sometimes in the early 1900's as I recall reading the late Dr. James Roger's "The Story of North Texas."

Edited by PlummMeanGreen