Argyle's Cory Dixon

Cooley

I've never caught an Argyle game so will someone please tell me that this kid is a player! UNT was scheduled to visit with a Texas State commitment today (Trey Nichols) and are now after a Northwestern State Commit. Why?

Dixon still a Deamon

October 5, 2007

Blue Zertuche

TexasHoops.com Recruiting Analyst

6'7" swingman, Cory Dixon from 3A Argyle, verbally committed to Northwestern State from the Southland Conference back in June. Dixon had broken his ankle in May and got back on the court in time for the July recruiting season. Since that time, he has a interest from a local university a few miles away from where he lives. He is very intrigued by the possibility of staying close to home to play his college basketball, but what will Dixon do?

"I committed back in June to Northwestern," said Dixon. "I know people there, the coaches are great, and I felt comfortable. Everything was good." It's now a few months later and Dixon who has slipped threw some cracks in recruiting, is interested in the Eagles. "When I started the summer season, North Texas would come watch me play, but never talked to me. Now they have started talking to me since the beginning of the school ye

Dixon still a Deamon

October 5, 2007

Blue Zertuche

TexasHoops.com Recruiting Analyst

6'7" swingman, Cory Dixon from 3A Argyle, verbally committed to Northwestern State from the Southland Conference back in June. Dixon had broken his ankle in May and got back on the court in time for the July recruiting season. Since that time, he has a interest from a local university a few miles away from where he lives. He is very intrigued by the possibility of staying close to home to play his college basketball, but what will Dixon do?

"I committed back in June to Northwestern," said Dixon. "I know people there, the coaches are great, and I felt comfortable. Everything was good." It's now a few months later and Dixon who has slipped threw some cracks in recruiting, is interested in the Eagles. "When I started the summer season, North Texas would come watch me play, but never talked to me. Now they have started talking to me since the beginning of the school year."

Dixon has an official visit set for October 27, in Natchitoches, Louisiana to reevaluate his situation with the Demons.

"I am still committed to them," states Dixon. "I just want to make sure everything goes well." No official visit has been set for North Texas, but they want him as soon as possible. "They want me to come visit unofficially. I already know the facilities and coaches. I am considering them because it would be great to play near home. I have four siblings and I am very close with my family."

"But for now, I am still committed to Northwestern." Dixon has hopes of one day becoming a college basketball assistant.

Texas Hoops Analysis:COREY is a long and strong built forward. He is a good athlete and runs the floor. He isn't afraid to mix it up and battle in the paint for loose balls and rebounds. He has a soft touch around the basket and can hit the mid-range jumper.

One word describes Cory Dixon - SOFT! UNT is wise not to purue him hard. He is not the best player on that team. If we are smart, we'd go after Argyle G Caden Dickerson. This kid has major game. He can shoot, drive, has court sense, and will come into his own this year. We need to take him from Texas Tech or others. Caden Dickerson is the gym of Argyle.