What Is Dollar Value Of Coach Dodge....

I was looking through the publicity that has been generated since Coach Dodge was hired. It included a feature in USA Today, major media across Country, and the media across the Metroplex. I wish the Marketing Department at UNT would study this.

I believe it is safe to say that UNT has generated over 1.5 million dollars in publicity for the University.

What say you?

I can't speculate about a dollar figure, but North Texas hasn't gotten this much media attention since we hired Hayden Fry. Like Fry's hiring, the attention is focused on Dodge, but I like that the North Texas fan's response is noteworthy to the media......and that they're reporting it.

The great publicity has started thanks to Dodge, but keeping the publicity going is up to US!

And last night on ABC there was a show that talked about how a former DEA agent was now proposing legalization of marijuana to college students, "including these students at the University of North Texas".

You can't buy this type of publicity!

Not sure we want that kind of publicity.

Edited by GBarksdale

I was looking through the publicity that has been generated since Coach Dodge was hired. It included a feature in USA Today, major media across Country, and the media across the Metroplex. I wish the Marketing Department at UNT would study this.

I believe it is safe to say that UNT has generated over 1.5 million dollars in publicity for the University.

What say you?

I don't know how you quantify Coach Dodge's media impact so far, but I would think 1.5 million may cover the Texas market. Nationwide coverage that we have received I would think is much more. And even at that I am not sure you could ever buy that kind of press.

Edited by KingDL1

What say you?

Don't forget the article in SI. I know it was about Riley, specifically, but they did mention North Texas several times.