Patrick Cobbs Playing In 1st Half For Dolphins

Guest JohnDenver

He didn't play in the second half... It looked like the coaches know who their RBs are going to be and were testing the QBs. The one Cobbs run was a shame.. he slipped on the baseball infield dirt and fell into the back of his lineman's legs. Oops.

He didn't drop any passes though and he played in the first half (good sign). He was on the return team and returned one kick to the 29.

The fumble was a pass reception dump pass and when he turned around to run, he eluded the guy in front of him and the two dudes behind him punched the ball out.

All of the press leading up to game said that they weren't sure of their RB's, but the quarterbacks were set. I don't know how you can evaluate runners with:

Brown 6 carries

Chatman 3 carries

Booker 1 carry

Cobbs 1 carry

but you let your 3rd string quarterback throw 22 times.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like the way this is playing out for PC. Brown is in, Chatman has done enough to make the team, and they used a 3rd round pick on Booker (even if he hasn't done anything). If they didn't want to see any more of PC than that, I'm not sure how encouraging that is.

All of the press leading up to game said that they weren't sure of their RB's, but the quarterbacks were set. I don't know how you can evaluate runners with:

Brown 6 carries

Chatman 3 carries

Booker 1 carry

Cobbs 1 carry

but you let your 3rd string quarterback throw 22 times.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like the way this is playing out for PC. Brown is in, Chatman has done enough to make the team, and they used a 3rd round pick on Booker (even if he hasn't done anything). If they didn't want to see any more of PC than that, I'm not sure how encouraging that is.

My bet is Booker goes on the practice squad or they keey 4 backs on the roster. Either way I see PC on the team no matter what. He has done too much for them to put him at risk and Booker wasn't even mentioned by the Dolphins as an option as one of the top 3 on their site.