If I Were The Ncaa Czar

Guest GrayEagleOne

Guest GrayEagleOne

Yes, I know that this will never happen but it's a slow time on the boards. The time is ripe for all sorts of pipe dreaming.

I'd have to have absolute power because some of the schools would not go for this but I think that it's the most plausible while trying to keep as much of the status quo as possible.

Since there will be 120 teams, ten 12-team conferences would come out even. I have divided all of the teams into ten conferences as follows:

CONFERENCE 1

Army

Boston College

Cincinnati

Connecticut

Marshall

Navy

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Rutgers

Syracuse

Temple

West Virginia

CONFERENCE 2

Clemson

Duke

East Carolina

Florida State

Georgia Tech

Maryland

Miami FL

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wake Forest

CONFERENCE 3

Alabama

Arkansas

Auburn

Florida

Georgia

Kentucky

LSU

Mississippi

Mississippi State

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

CONFERENCE 4

Alabama-Birmingham

Central Florida

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Louisiana Tech

Memphis

Middle Tennessee

South Florida

Southern Miss

Troy

Tulane

Western Kentucky

CONFERENCE 5

Akron

Ball State

Bowling Green

Buffalo

Central Michigan

Eastern Michigan

Kent State

Miami OH

Northern Illinois

Ohio

Toledo

Western Michigan

CONFERENCE 6

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Louisville

Michigan

Michigan State

Minnesota

Northwestern

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Purdue

Wisconsin

CONFERENCE 7

Baylor

Colorado

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

CONFERENCE 8

Arkansas State

Houston

Louisiana

Louisiana-Monroe

New Mexico

New Mexico State

North Texas

Rice

SMU

TCU

Tulsa

UTEP

CONFERENCE 9

Air Force

Boise State

Brigham Young

Colorado State

Fresno State

Idaho

Nevada

San Jose State

UNLV

Utah

Utah State

Wyoming

CONFERENCE 10

Arizona

Arizona State

California

Hawaii

Oregon

Oregon State

San Diego State

Southern Cal

Stanford

UCLA

Washington

Washington State

Since there's an even number of 12 team conferences, all would need to determine a conference champion eligible to compete in the playoffs. The six highest rated runnersup would advance with the ten conference champions to a playoff. That would require 15 playoff sites at the fifteen highest rated bowls based on attendance. There would also be 12 or more bowls in other cities for the best of the non-qualifiers. I'd like for the championship game to be played in the Rose Bowl each year. There is so much tradition and pagentry associated with that game and it has great attendance.

I toyed with moving one or more from the Southeastern and Big XII but it just didn't seem feasible. Every five years I'd give a chance to change conferences if they can prove that their assigned is causing a financial hardship.

I think that the regionalization of more conferences would cut travel costs considerably, except for Conference 10 (the former Pac-10). Adding Hawaii would be costly but at least they can probably afford the increase.

I think that North Texas comes out pretty well in this scenario. I would rather have had LaTech than ULM but it would have been unfair to Conference 4 and I couldn't put LTU and La-Monroe in the same conference. Two (Division 1-A) schools in a small market and also competing with a high profile 1-AA team (Grambling) just doesn't cut it.

Switch out Louisiana Tech and one other for UL-Monroe and UL-Lafayette so we won't have to continue to put up with their tiring name fight. :rolleyes:

Or better yet just substitute Memphis & Southern Miss for the UL's :rolleyes:

North Texas

Memphis

Southern Miss

Houston

Tulsa

Arkansas State

Rice

SMU

New Mexico State

Mew Mexico

UTEP

TCU

If TCU would be a stretch put Louisiana Tech in for the Froggies !

Edited by MeanGreen61

While no matter what anyone ever does or will do , there is no way to make everyone happy. I like what you got for the most part , but I would be willing to bet not 1 person from TCU would agree. They have every reason to be in a more "powerful" conference than Baylor.

Overall , good alignment.

Guest GrayEagleOne

If I were the NCAA Czar I would go back to single platoon football, limited substitution and add the "rouge point."

And all extra points must be drop-kicked.

Nice except dump the punies. I want nothing to do with them except to give them an occasional ass whipping. Believe it or not, but I heard from a very reputable source that they did their damn best to block our UNT Law School AGAIN! Getting very tired of those punks and I hope we teach them a serious lesson this coming September!! :angry:

Nice except dump the punies. I want nothing to do with them except to give them an occasional ass whipping. Believe it or not, but I heard from a very reputable source that they did their damn best to block our UNT Law School AGAIN! Getting very tired of those punks and I hope we teach them a serious lesson this coming September!! :angry:

No foutsrouts, we (of state-assisted UNT fame) should merely just do the "Christian" thing and turn the other cheek when it comes to things concerning SMU. Some things (good or bad) just have a way of balancing themselves out in life. I'm sure SMU had good reason to head us off at the pass once again if that were the case. I just hope one day in the sweet by and by some official from their fine campus will explain to all of us.......................why.

Now turn to your hymnals to page...........

PS: BTW, great realignment idea, GrayEagleOne; in facts, it makes so much darn sense we will probaly never see it happen.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen