Ucla Spring Practice

CMJ

Hey guys, I just came back from a what was termed "UCLA Fan Appreciation Day" at the Westwood campus. Here's the deal...I recieved an email about this about a week ago. Honestly I'm not sure how I got on their email list since I'm not an alum, season ticket holder, or what not. I did make it to 1 basketball and 1 football game last year, maybe I had to fill something out I don't remember.

ANYWAYS

This wasn't the Spring Game. It was just a practice, and all they were advertising was a few free shirts/hats/trinkets(I think there was also gonna be a raffle for season tickets, but I left before that happened). Last year supposedly this thing had maybe 200 people at it(according to the family ahead of me in line). And this is UCLA....a Pac-10 school with alot of tradition. Anyways, I'm telling you guys, the turnout was something like 3-4K at this event today. The line just to get in snaked around the athletic complex. Oh yeah....they didn't advertise by email last year apparently.

In other words...the AD should email every freaking person we have a record of going to NT games last year about the Spring Game. And maybe have some giveaways.

ESPN's next wave should be to televise the bigtime colleges spring games from morning to night. I found myself craving more football after stumbling across the OU game.

GMG