Bowl Bound In 07?

NT03

If someone could help me out here , I forgot what the rule is about being bowl eligible. I know it's 6 wins , but last year they changed something as it dealt with IAA victories. Since we play WKU this year ( im thinking ) it will be a OOC game , but still count as a IAA win and not sure if it will count toward our bowl eligible win total.

OOC games : @ OU (9/1) @ SMU (9/8) @ ARK ( 9/29) vs.Navy (11/10) WKU ( TBA)

SBC games : @ Troy (10/20) vs. MTSU (10/27) vs. FAU (11/3) ULL,ASU,FIU,ULM (TBA)

My guess we go either 2-3 or 3-2 in OOC & 4-3 or 3-4 in SBC.

Best case scenario , we beat SMU,Navy,WKU,FAU,ULL,ASU,FIU,ULM and finish at 8-4.

Will we have to be 7-5 to be bowl eligible ?? I loved the NO Bowl , but honestly wouldn't mind something else.

Also , Arkansas play NT, Troy & FIU this year. If they will out and the league struggles maybe they will be the Sunbelt representative in the NO Bowl :lol:

Edited by NT03

If someone could help me out here , I forgot what the rule is about being bowl eligible. I know it's 6 wins , but last year they changed something as it dealt with IAA victories. Since we play WKU this year ( im thinking ) it will be a OOC game , but still count as a IAA win and not sure if it will count toward our bowl eligible win total.

OOC games : @ OU (9/1) @ SMU (9/8) @ ARK ( 9/29) vs.Navy (11/10) WKU ( TBA)

SBC games : @ Troy (10/20) vs. MTSU (10/27) vs. FAU (11/3) ULL,ASU,FIU,ULM (TBA)

My guess we go either 2-3 or 3-2 in OOC & 4-3 or 3-4 in SBC.

Best case scenario , we beat SMU,Navy,WKU,FAU,ULL,ASU,FIU,ULM and finish at 8-4.

If we have to be 7-5 to be bowl eligible ?? I loved the NO Bowl , but honestly wouldn't mind something else.

I suspect that even with a record like 7-5, our only option would be the NO.

Now in years after that, I think that TD will be able to elevate UNT football where we could get a more attractive bowl berth.

I believe 1A schools are allowed to have 1 victory against 1AA schools per year and have it count towards bowl eligability. Any victories against 1AA opponents after that, would not count.

I'm going on memory, so it may be completely wrong.

As for a prediction, I think we will go to the NOBowl.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

There's a chance that we might be picked for another bowl if we have a 7-5 record. Last year there was a ruling that any 7-5 team must be picked over a 6-6 team, regardless of schedule. Middle Tennessee, as I recall, got the nod to play in the Motor City Bowl over Kansas and a couple of more 6-6 record teams.

Our '07 record will largely depend on how quickly TD can get his team to gel. Oklahoma and Arkansas are the only teams on the schedule where our lack of talent doesn't give us a chance. The rest are winnable but SMU, Troy, Middle Tennessee, and Navy have a slight edge on talent and/or experience and those will be tough to beat. Arkansas State could also be part of that group. We are relying an awful lot on Dodge's coaching ability and how quickly the talent that we have can adapt to a totally new concept.

I for one think we have an excellent chance at winning the SBC this year and going to the NO Bowl. I think we have a lot of talent, and I think Dodge is going to bring a lot of excitement to a team that was deflated last year. I think his new offensive philosophy is going to do a lot for this team. I won't be devastated if we don't make it his first year, but I certainly won't be suprised if we do.