Stirring up the hornets on ponyfans

emmitt01

By the way, a few "facts" reported on ponyfans.

1)Todd Dodge had better athletes at Carroll and coming to NT will give him only a "slight" upgrade at running back. Man, that must really make 24-6 sting.

2)NT takes the players who are partial qualifiers and aren't very smart.

3)Todd Dodge will fail as a coach at NT...but will then get a coordinators job at a bigger school. unsure.gifblink.gif

1)Todd Dodge had better athletes at Carroll and coming to NT will give him only a "slight" upgrade at running back.  Man, that must really make 24-6 sting.

3)Todd Dodge will fail as a coach at NT...but will then get a coordinators job at a bigger school.    unsure.gif  blink.gif

Emmit, trying to reason with SMU is like arguing with your shadow. We beat them this year and instead of a 'good game you guys did good', everyone said 'man we're better than them. how did we lose?'

It is funny listening to some of their responses. This is the best one:

"UNT beat us last season, and that was poor on our part, not good on their part. I am not sure about them winning 3-4 head to head games with us over the last 6 years. Maybe 2"

That's funny. We had a terrible team last season and beat them on what they considered to be their best season in almost a decade. Yes SMU mustangs, you read that last line correctly. Yet, according to this dumb ass, our 2003 9-4 team that went to a bowl game probably would of lost to their 2003 0-12 team. Idiots.

By the way, the sun belt was 3-3 vs CUSA this year. So what's the excuse now?

Edited by Mean'n'Green07

Well, that can't be true. We had more Goldwater Scholars than ANY school in Texas.

SMUt is just a millionaire boy's club, getting the same education as most college students. I applied, and was accepted, but they offered no scholarships to transfer students with less than 50 hours. UNT offered me the full ride.

1)Todd Dodge had better athletes at Carroll and coming to NT will give him only a "slight" upgrade at running back.  Man, that must really make 24-6 sting.

3)Todd Dodge will fail as a coach at NT...but will then get a coordinators job at a bigger school.    unsure.gif  blink.gif

I got to give you credit Emmitt for going on the Pony page and stating your opinion. Like we say in South Texas when you stir a hornet's nest, you got some "juevos" for that posting.

J.T.Supporta

SMU doesnt need a coach coming out of the HS ranks. Sure you can point to the coach at RICE but you need to look at everything he did. Brought in the MAJOR, changed the WHOLE ENTIRE O, and had a weapon named Dillard. [bAny coach could have changed that RICE team to fit the athleticism of Jarrett Dillard.

It's scary to think these folks can be this clueless. And it's even funnier that the entire thread starts because of their concerns for lil' ol NTSU? "Any coach" could turn Rice around in one single season and take them to their first bowl game since the ice age? C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S!!!!! And I guess regardless of what you did at the college ranks, as long as you had any success while coaching in high school your always going to be considered as "coming out of HS".

For those who care to be informed about Rice's Todd Graham, he first coached ECU Ada OK to the NAIA national championship back in '93. Then, after having a successful stint at Allen HS in the 90's as A.D. and head coach, he was an integral part of turning a 3-8 West Virginia team to a 9-3 record as co-defensive coordinator by his second season there. He then left WV to take the d coordinator spot at Tulsa in '03. In his very first year there he helped turn Tulsa from 1-11 to 8-4 in which their total defense jumped 49 spots overall.

Not bad for a guy "coming out of HS".

Rick

SMU is being held hostage by a coach that's too "NICE" to fire. We beat em fair and square this year and judging from their board it needs to happen again. We need to bring a good size crowd.

SMU will take anyone with $$$. It's no secret. For that reason SMU will never be a RICE, TCUWHO, TULANE, BAYLOR, ETC. That's no jab at anyone out there who was accepted but didn't go, but it is a jab at those of you who went.

SMU gets a 4 page pull out inthe DMN if their polo team ranks fifth in CUSA, but if we win a bowl game, we get a 3" x 3" on the fourth page.

I vented and will move on now.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I don't agree with going to another team's board to talk a little trash. Settle it on the field, court, pitch, classroom, etc., then let the results speak for themselves. I enjoyed the win against SMU, but it's over. Let's move on.

I agree. I will gladly piss on any of SMU's fields, courts, pitches, classrooms, etc., and the results will speak for themselves.