Where's the consistency?

GMoney

...for over 15 years I've watched this program take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. All the good from the Charolette win is gone in one night. I remember the win on TV against ULaLa a few years ago followed up with a bad conference tournament.

When is this team going to learn that it does no good to get fired up for the big boys just to let down against the mid-majors.

Whether the final bucket was good or not does not matter. The bottom line is if NT is for real, they should have put UTA away in a dominant way and been playing walk-ons late in the game.

Just like SMU's lost to us in football was a bad one that may come back to haunt them, this is the kind of lost that can keep you out of the NIT (forget NCAA tournament) no matter what you do later in the year. It's especially bad considering it was at home.

doesn't the winner of the sun belt get a automatic NCAA tournament bid?? cuz if so, this game has no relevance on that

Yes, the conference tournament champion gets an automatic bid. What I was implying and the others were commenting on is we have never performed well in the conference tournament. It almost become a forgone conclusion that we will not win the conference tournament. In addition, I made reference to the post season NIT which is not for conference tournament champs but by invitation only where strenght of schedule, good wins, bad wins all come into play. This is the kind of loss that prevents you from getting invites to the NIT considering we do not have a lot of strong opponents on the schedule besides WKU.

BTW, I'm not saying the season is over at all. I'm just commenting on this being a bad loss and our history for lack of consistency.

Edited by GMoney