STEALTH RECRUITING WORKS

IslandEagle

IF you can evaluate talent properly.

Apparently, this has not been the case the past few years, though I withhold judgement on the current crop until after their redshirt year.

Brad Kassell, Andy Brewster, Patrick Cobbs, Johnny Quinn, Evan Cardwell, to name a few are players we picked up who were ignored by the big programs overall, but turned out to be decent players. But, it seems like the past 2-3 years, most of our "stealth" recruits have turned out to be mediocre whereas earlier, we were picking up some real gems.

Could it be that we lost staff who had the talent for identifying these and that is why we are missing more than hitting these days with the "under the radar" recruits?

I'm all for signing top 100 type players when we can get them, but have no objection to the hidden gems when and if we can actually evaluate their true potential and are flying in on a wish and a prayer.

IF you can evaluate talent properly.

Apparently, this has not been the case the past few years, though I withhold judgement on the current crop until after their redshirt year.

Brad Kassell, Andy Brewster, Patrick Cobbs, Johnny Quinn, Evan Cardwell, to name a few are players we picked up who were ignored by the big programs overall, but turned out to be decent players. But, it seems like the past 2-3 years, most of our "stealth" recruits have turned out to be mediocre whereas earlier, we were picking up some real gems.

Could it be that we lost staff who had the talent for identifying these and that is why we are missing more than hitting these days with the "under the radar" recruits?

I'm all for signing top 100 type players when we can get them, but have no objection to the hidden gems when and if we can actually evaluate their true potential and are flying in on a wish and a prayer.

To find the hidden gems you have to work it. This is the problem. This staff has not been working hard on recruiting in three years. Flanigan is supposed to have the Dallas area. Name me the kids from Dallas ISD we have signed in three years. Get out a program and name em.

To find the hidden gems you have to work it.  This is the problem.  This staff has not been working hard on recruiting in three years.  Flanigan is supposed to have the Dallas area.  Name me the kids from Dallas ISD we have signed in three years.  Get out a program and name em.

I'm sorry, but when you win 4 Conf. championships and go to 4 Bowl games in a row (granted it's the worst conf and aruguably((sp?)) the worst bowl game) and you still can't get not ONE Area Top 100 to name you as a favorite, you are not recruiting like you should. That whole "don't name us till you decide" excuse is BS for why he doesn't get any of them.