MT/NT series

GoMTBlue

For those who are not aware of the history in this series, the BlueRaiderZone is looking back at each game.

The Middle Tennessee/North Texas game may be the most anticipated game in the Sun Belt Conference year in and year out. The short lived series only spans five games and the results have been lopsided, so what makes this game so special? Over the next few days, the Blue Raider Zone will look at each of the last five games in this series.

Middle Tennessee at North Texas- Year 1 (2001)

It all began on Oct. 13, 2001, the inaugural season of Sun Belt football. It appeared to be a tale of two seasons. The Blue Raiders were riding high atop a perfect 5-0 record, including a win over SEC foe Vanderbilt to open the season, and sporting the 5th longest winning streak in the nation at 8 games. On the other hand, the Mean Green were winless, sitting at 0-5, including a loss in the previous week to Sun Belt member Louisiana-Monroe. The fans in Denton were getting restless and there was much speculation that head coach Darrell Dickey may be relieved of his coaching duties. Story

For those who are not aware of the history in this series, the BlueRaiderZone is looking back at each game.

The Middle Tennessee/North Texas game may be the most anticipated game in the Sun Belt Conference year in and year out. The short lived series only spans five games and the results have been lopsided, so what makes this game so special?  Over the next few days, the Blue Raider Zone will look at each of the last five games in this series.

Middle Tennessee at North Texas- Year 1 (2001)

It all began on Oct. 13, 2001, the inaugural season of Sun Belt football. It appeared to be a tale of two seasons. The Blue Raiders were riding high atop a perfect 5-0 record, including a win over SEC foe Vanderbilt to open the season, and sporting the 5th longest winning streak in the nation at 8 games. On the other hand, the Mean Green were winless, sitting at 0-5, including a loss in the previous week to Sun Belt member Louisiana-Monroe. The fans in Denton were getting restless and there was much speculation that head coach Darrell Dickey may be relieved of his coaching duties. Story

I am so excited about this game. My Dad & I are best friends, and he is flying up from C.C. to watch this game with me.... this will be our first father/son football game... only took 37 years..Everyone is freaked out right now on the boards, but I think we are going to be extremely competitive in conference ball.... could go all the way if DD & Co continue the offense they started in the SMU and Akron game. I hope to see a resounding victory against MTSU for our first game together!