UNt hosting Tournament next Weekend

untbowler

Sorry talking about the Tennis Team.

I am assuming they are hosting the tournament as 4-5 other schools have it on their schedule, even though the UNT site still does not have a roster nor schedule up yet dry.gif .

If there are any tennis fans around can you give a recap of the action next weekend, curious to see the new coach in action.

Also has anyone seen or heard anything from practices.

I know UALR will be very good this year with many returners and 2 new Freshman who look very good, saw them play last weekend at a tournament in Little Rock.

Edited by untbowler

Sorry talking about the Tennis Team.

I am assuming they are hosting the tournament as 4-5 other schools have it on their schedule, even though the UNT site still does not have a roster nor schedule up yet  dry.gif .

If there are any tennis fans around can you give a recap of the action next weekend, curious to see the new coach in action.

Also has anyone seen or heard anything from practices.

I know UALR will be very good this year with many returners and 2 new Freshman who look very good, saw them play last weekend at a tournament in Little Rock.

There is actually an article on the official site about the tournament this weekend. However, there is no information about the team, new players, etc. It would seem to me that a lot more could have been done to promote a team with probably the most high profile non-revenue sport coach hire in decades and a brand new facility.

There is actually an article on the official site about the tournament this weekend.  However, there is no information about the team, new players, etc. It would seem to me that a lot more could have been done to promote a team with probably the most high profile non-revenue sport coach hire in decades and a brand new facility.

I'm sure UNT Athletics Marketing will get right on that. What? No Marketing? ph34r.gif

There is actually an article on the official site about the tournament this weekend.  However, there is no information about the team, new players, etc. It would seem to me that a lot more could have been done to promote a team with probably the most high profile non-revenue sport coach hire in decades and a brand new facility.

yeah saw they posted it today, the day before it starts. Great Job marketing.

Also no roster yet, no schedule. at least we have 2 very good coaches.

Of course it is still not on the events calendar on the front page. mad.gif

Did anyone by chance make it out or does anyone still follow the team locally? I saw they only had 5 players playing, looks like Ina and Sara Giles are missing, injuries or other?

Guess not to bad of showing, new girl looks good judging by results.

Off they would interview the Asst. and not the Head Coach.

Anyone???

There were only 5 players playing bec. Sara Giles is injured. Something with her leg? As for Ina... I heard she failed classes. She isn't even on the team anymore?? They will have a great team when everyone is able to play.

Thanks, I think I saw somewhere Sara has bad shin splints or similar. Hopefully the coach can pick up a couple of players at the semester. The team is good but they need a couple top line players. At least there are 2 very good coaches to help out.

Too bad about Ina, she could have really helped.