Speaking of L Jackson...........

DeepGreen

Does anyone know or heard of Lee Jackson's vision for North Texas Athletics? Does he view athletics as the window through which the country views the University of North Texas? When does LJ take over for Dr. Pohl, arguably one of the most athletic friendly Presidents NT has ever had?

user posted image

Edited by DeepGreen

I received this from the Commish several months ago. Whether he is sincere or this is just politico-speak, only time will tell. My original query is below his response. ph34r.gif

Scott:

I support, and the Board unanimously supports, the continued development of UNT's athletic program on the course we have been on for several years.

This includes a continued commitment to improved facilities, student athlete support services, greater involvement of fans on campus and in the community, a broader financial base, and success in both academics and athletics.

I've attended every home football game since my appointment, except in one or two cases when I was out of state, and I've attended women's soccer and volleyball games and men's basketball games. I'm a season ticket holder and Mean Green Club contributor.

The Board intends to seek a president who is committed to continue the improvement of our athletic programs, and I do not believe that any candidate who wished to change this direction would be taken seriously as a candidate.

I hope these comments are helpful.

Lee Jackson

Chancellor, University of

North Texas System

P.O. Box 311220

Denton, Texas 76203-1220

(940) 565-2904

(940) 565-4998 fax

chancellor@unt.edu

>>> "Scott Robertson" <rscottrobertson@msn.com> 9/24/2005 1:00 PM >>>

Mr. Jackson,

I read your statement to North Texas alumni, regarding the continued on-campus progress @ NT. I am curious what your position is regarding athletics. Can we expect continued support for the the athletic department? Do you share Dr. Pohl's commitment to athletics?

Many of us support NT because of the commitment made to building a first class D-1 program. What say you?

Scott Robertson

Class of 95