Top WR to Rice

BleedGreen64

One difference between Novak and Quinn in my estimation is that Quinn has game-breaking speed...I don't think that Novak will ever have that.

They both run great routes, have great hands and jump pretty well.

To me, because of the speed and athleticism difference, Novak won't have the kind of career that Johnny Quinn has had.

"Kind of career" doesn't neccisarily mean numbers. With the lowest number of recieving yards in his career last season he was still named All-Sun Belt. That tells me that the coaches in this conference recognize the production he puts up with a lack of a passing attack. We, as fans, recognize the kind of career that Quinn has had and when all is said and done Johnny Quinn will be thought of as more of a reciever than Andrew Novak.

Look at what JQ has done after being overlooked by most schoolos including some at UNT.

I was just stating I see some similarities between the two. N ovak had a much better high school career and I believe with his JQ like determination and toughness he can be a JQ type (the speed is certainly another issue).

I do wish him equal success as JQ unless they play UNT.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Look at what JQ has done after being overlooked by most schoolos including some at UNT.

I was just stating I see some similarities between the two.  N ovak had a much better high school career and I believe with his JQ like determination and toughness he can be a JQ type (the speed is certainly another issue).

I do wish him equal success as JQ unless they play UNT.

Boy, am I ever confused. If senility hasn't set in too deeply, Johnny Quinn led the state in receptions (and I believe yardage) his junior and senior years. He was a known commodity; he just didn't have quite the speed that Texas Tech wanted.

You are right in that if it weren't for Kelvin Martin we likely wouldn't have JQ.

To Quinn's credit he worked on his speed with the track coaches and is considerably faster than he was in high school. Because of that, he usually draws double coverage, it seems to me.

All I know about Novak is what I read in the papers and he seems to have had a fine high school career but so did Johnny. And, maybe if Johnny Quinn had any of Ennis' last three quarterbacks throwing to him, he might have written some new state records.