Soccer chickes finish a strong 2nd

Reb UT '70

With a 4-2 drubbing of FIU and a 1-1 tie with SMU, we really look pretty good. The game was not as close as the score. Because FIU missed two confernce games (which means that two other schools missed conference games) the tourney seed is being set on win percentage in conference.

I did want to say that I am so impressed with what I saw our girls do today. I know that at the start of the season I was very leary of having as many 'walk-ons' but these girls have shown that they are more than able to play with the best. I would not have believed that we could lose 5 starters over the season and still play at the level we are playing.

It is very hard for me to predict how the tourney will go since I had to miss seeing so many conference games. However, I am making my reservations through Saturday night, and I would't do that unless I thought we would be in the championship game.

If that happens it will be the third year in a row that we will be in the championship match and it's time we won it! Frankly I think if Denver is the other team we have a fair chance to win. There are several reasons for this, I think they will be taking us lightly and I think with the number 15th national ranking they are certain to have an at-large bid to the NCAA and won't be as hungry as we are.

The biggest reason is that we won't be in Denver, and we've played them so poorly last time I think the girls want to make up for it.