Live At Fouts Field On Tuesday Night

MeanGreen61

From the official site

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 10/03/2005

DENTON (10/3/05) - The North Texas football team plays conference opponent Troy on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm in Fouts Field. The game will be televised live on ESPN2 with Dave Barnett handling play-by-play duties.

The Mean Green is currently tied with Boise State for the nation’s longest conference winning streak at 26. North Texas has won four straight conference titles and has played in four consecutive bowl games. The Trojans are coming off their first bowl appearance in the program’s inaugural year of action in the Sun Belt. Troy opened the season with a win against Cal Poly, but has since dropped three straight to Alabama-Birmingham, Missouri and South Carolina.

Patrick Cobbs has rushed for over 100 yards in every Sun Belt Conference game where he was the starting running back, including this year’s season-opener at Middle Tennessee. Cobbs has now started seven times against Sun Belt foes and has averaged and 13 yards. Thomas has been nursing the hamstring throughout fall practice which has slowed his ability to recapture the form that helped him lead the nation in rushing last year while averaging 180.1 yards per game.177.3 yards rushing in those games. He has gone over 200 yards rushing in four of those seven games. Cobbs started six Sun Belt games in 2003 before being injured for the entire conference season in 2004.

Throughout the night, the North Texas Athletic Department will be giving away prizes for students, including t-shirts, parking passes and gift packs. In addition to 3,000 free t-shirts, there will be four quarters of student giveways. Student-athletes are not eligible for awards. All night is dollar hot dogs.

First quarter

free premium parking pass

Second quarter

free premium parking pass and a $250 gift certificate for books

Third quarter

free premium parking pass and a $500 gift certificate for books

Fourth quarter

free premium parking pass and a $5,000 gift pack including in-state tuition, fees, books and housing.

From the official site

DENTON (10/3/05) - The North Texas football team plays conference opponent Troy on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm in Fouts Field. The game will be televised live on ESPN2 with Dave Barnett handling play-by-play duties.

The Mean Green is currently tied with Boise State for the nation’s longest conference winning streak at 26. North Texas has won four straight conference titles and has played in four consecutive bowl games. The Trojans are coming off their first bowl appearance in the program’s inaugural year of action in the Sun Belt. Troy opened the season with a win against Cal Poly, but has since dropped three straight to Alabama-Birmingham, Missouri and South Carolina.

Patrick Cobbs has rushed for over 100 yards in every Sun Belt Conference game where he was the starting running back, including this year’s season-opener at Middle Tennessee. Cobbs has now started seven times against Sun Belt foes and has averaged and 13 yards. Thomas has been nursing the hamstring throughout fall practice which has slowed his ability to recapture the form that helped him lead the nation in rushing last year while averaging 180.1 yards per game.177.3 yards rushing in those games. He has gone over 200 yards rushing in four of those seven games. Cobbs started six Sun Belt games in 2003 before being injured for the entire conference season in 2004.

Throughout the night, the North Texas Athletic Department will be giving away prizes for students, including t-shirts, parking passes and gift packs. In addition to 3,000 free t-shirts, there will be four quarters of student giveways. Student-athletes are not eligible for awards. All night is dollar hot dogs.

First quarter

Second quarter

Third quarter

Fourth quarter

free premium parking pass and a $5,000 gift pack including in-state tuition, fees, books and housing.

Heckuva' good time to be an NT student attending a game at Fouts Field, eh? ohmy.gif

GMG!

All night is dollar hot dogs.

That is great!!!

I just things like dollar dog night were thrown out to the public earlier than the day before the game. And on the Mean Green mailing list doesn't count for me to making the promotion public. Maybe there is some behind the scenes promoting that I don't know about.

From the official site

First quarter

Second quarter

Third quarter

Fourth quarter

Only wish they would have promoted those quarter giveaways, only things I have seen promoted are the t-shirts and dollar hot dogs. If they had, I'm sure more of the on the fence people would decide to come.

ALSO...............Posted a few days ago is how many of Denton's larger corporations and businesses have (most impressively) purchased blocks and blocks of tickets for this "national stage" that the ESPN2 televised football game will give the City of Denton & Denton County.

It's a numbers game, so lets see now:

Denton County: 560,000 pop. (larger than New Orleans inside-city limits pop.)

City of Denton: 100,000 pop.

UNT Fall Record Enrollment: 32,000 plus

UNT Fall Record Freshmen Class: ?,000 plus

DFW NT Exes: 100,000+

<>*<> Why should NT ever be so concerned with its attendance with all the new faces? unsure.gif

Guest e-bone

I AM a student.  How do I sign up for the give-a-ways ? 

GO MEAN GREEN

I'm guessing that since they scan student IDs, every student who enters the gate will be entered. Anyone else know for sure?

I think this is great, but they need to promote this stuff! Throwing up an article on the website the day before the game seems a little last minute to me. Think if they had signs up everywhere about this, the student turnout would be great!

As I have said before: If you give away a bucket of diamonds to every student that enters the door it does ZERO good if you don't tell the students about it beforehand.

Last game I hear in the 3rd quarter that there will be fireworks after the game (To help Tulsa celebrate). This was the first I had heard of it. If I, Mean Green Superfan, hasn't heard of it, than how will Joe Blow FamilyGuy ever hear of it and decide that will be something fun for the whole family?

Edited by Zeke