Dicky Buyout And Replacement

NTEXES1

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Join the Mean Green Club or double or triple your donation. Progress cost money!!!

Have joined, will give more. But we need people to join or otherwise give who have never even heard of this board.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chomp----

you make a good point BUT fail to address:

1.  Would not firing DD after 4 SBC Championships look stupid amongst ALL college level programs including D-3 schools????????

Exactly. This is the reason why it wont happen. This is the reason we can lay all of this calling for Dickey's head on a silver platter business to rest... quite simply, it aint gonna happen. It look RIDICULOUS

there are huge differences in programs like Nebraska and Florida when compared to NT, people. First of all, those programs have a tradition of winning at the HIGHEST LEVEL! Secondly, they have a ridiculously large fan base.

I dont think its fair to compare them to our current situation.

If you want to compare programs, take a look at South Florida. Thats the one that ought to have us scratching our heads.

A couple of comments –

First, no other coach has had the advantage to be a part of the Sun Belt. To give DD his credit he has been very successful when it comes to Sun Belt games. The problem is, for those of us who do not wear green colored is that the OOC record has for most negated any Sun Belt success.

Second, to pay the coaches more we need to get people in the stands. The fact is that UNT, at this time, does not have a core base large enough to allow us to average 25K to 30K. We can keep blaming each other for the lack of fan in the stands but the reality is that the Athletic Department at North Texas has to do something different to get “new” fan into the seats. The question to ask is does our AD and our Head Coach have what it takes to be fan friendly?

Something that I think is very ironic here is how we've flip-flopped from what we wanted as fans from the Matt Simon era to the DD era. Matt Simon tended to play the big boys much more competitively than DD but would lose his rear in conference---which just made the competitive games against the big boys look like flukes. Now we roll our conference games but lose our rears OOC....and we would now, as fans, give up some Sun Belt success to just be competitive OOC.

One thing noone will argue is that we are much better off now than we were then. As much as I get frustrated watching the gameplans we use, I'd take winning the conference and continuing to grow over getting a few OOC wins....though, obviously I'd prefer to have both! smile.gif