Who's high school team won last night?

stebo

Lewisville doesn't open up till next week. Usually there was one or two Farmer alumni on the Mean Green, but not now and I don't think there are any prospects. Of course that's probably indictative of a drop in talent level that's caused our extended absence from the playoffs.

Hopefully the new head coach (Jamario's old coach) and a new offense will end the 3 year playoff drought.

Longview High School beat former ditrict foe, Marshall, 28-16. Looks like a good year for my Lobos. Quick quote form the local rag:

‘‘It was nice to go out and execute on the first drive and get a touchdown,'' said Lobo head coach John King of his team's 28-16 win over Marshall in Friday's 2005 high school football opener. ‘‘I thought Adrian (Reese) made a great play on the pass down the middle of the field. The guy was riding him the whole way and he still made the catch. That kind of set the tone for the first half.''

Tailback Vondrell McGee appears to be the stud of the team.

Saturday I went to see 4 teams at Reliant (Home of the Texans) (I was really there to see Katy) anywhoo the Katy QB Andy Dalton looked pretty good... He Threw for more yards (249 i think) in this game (beat woodlands 30 - 6) than any of the last 3 year totals. When their running game didn't work they went to Dalton and he didn't miss a reciever. Every pass was on the money and was either droped or caught. They run the same kind of offense that we run so he would be a good fit.

Katy's D shut down Dreybeck (his dad was a Houston Astro) arguably the best WR in Houston. He only had 44 yards and 1 TD. The whole Woodlands O had only 1 yard combined in the 3rd Quarter.

The way they played it looks like at least another Semifinal round in the HS playoffs. I'm Hopping that we meet those Steroid users in Carrol and beat them again in the finals.