How long are they are coaches?

WIFE2HOT4U

No where do I state in any of those threads that "I am better than you". If that is what you read into it, fine. My participation and support for NT basketball was questioned. I answered by listing what I had done as a student and as an alumnus. Somehow this gets twisted into me saying "I'm better than you"? Just like when Plumm answered JayDub why he didn't come to basketball games, by doing so he became the example of why our fanbase is in the situation it's in? It's stupid, just like this whole thread.

And the liar part still stands as there is NOTHING in there that states I dislike basketball.

Twist this into whatever you want to, I'm done. But just like I stated about the attack on Plummer by some of our current students, we'll see how fired up you are in 2037.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

So in the face of proof of my claim (with the links and with e-bones post earlier) you still hold on to calling me a liar?

I'm embarassed that a poster of such high esteem would sink to that all in the name of defending alum not giving a rat's you know what about basketball. I have always though that you were one of the most spirited alum we had, and if that is still the case, then the state of the basketball program is easily explained.

I don't know where I will be or what I will be doing in 2037, but I can promise you I won't be holding on to what I did as a student in 2002 as grounds to belittle younger fans and for not supporting the basketball team.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/board2/index.ph...1&hl=basketball

http://www.gomeangreen.com/board2/index.ph...6&hl=basketball

http://www.gomeangreen.com/board2/index.ph...&f=2&t=4834&hl=

Anyone else notice a common theme there? Oh yeah, I forgot, it's a "joke".

Here is another one that is very similar to what has been going on here lately. We even get the "don't question me, I was the mascot and went to a lot of road games" spill.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/board2/index.ph...=2&t=11536&st=0

Mannnnnnnnn

I sure did not plan on this...

I was just hoping for some feedback on why our team is not doing so well........and how it relates to coaching.

It may never happen (maybe for a good reason) but if we had a coach like say TT's don't you think we would sell out? Be on TV more?

I have to admit it is not comforting to see people getting so upset over posts.

Truth is, I was not real involved (Athletics) during my time @ UNT not necessarily by choice but partly because I did not even know what all was going on w/ our teams (Starts @ the Top).

And more importantly I did not understand how it does help w/ school recognition and pride as Alumni!

I just feel that if we have nice facilities for BB, what else could it be other than coaching that would prevent us from having a better team?

I understand we may not have the same talent level as UT but to me BB is not like FB.

There are many more athletic BB players than Fball players, so getting better athletes should not be as difficult if we had better coaching…….IMHO

It’s like what comes first the chicken or the egg (I understand that perspective)

Why should admin care about BB if it’s not supportive by fans?

IMO, the ADMIN is the Chicken and the Fans are eggs! Make sense?

If there were more advertising or information about the games maybe more would show up…but when you are playing Texas-Permian Basin, who knows?

Why should admin care about BB if it’s not supportive by fans?

"Any complacency by administration toward medicore basketball would only reflect the sentiment of the fan base."

IMHO

BS..............

You contradict yourself.

I don't understand all the fighting and personally I don't care. Being a freshman here, I understand that most people I know do know about the basketball team but choose not to go. I have heard a variety of reasons of why people won't always come with me. Most of the time it's that they just don't care and don't want to go. I don't know how to fix it, but I do my best and come to every game.