Chris Beard Arrested for Assault to a Family Member

Green Crazy

13 hours ago, NT93 said:

I don’t understand why a school would need to be desperate to high a proven great coach with no criminal history.  Guilty until proven innocent has already cost him his dream job, it should prevent him from getting another one.

I understand and agree with innocent until proven guilty. That said, where there's smoke there's fire. She made a call to police and told officers what happened. Her public statement later said then that he was defending himself. Defending himself against what? Her? So she implied she was assaulting him first? She also said she didn't mean for him to be arrested which is very common in domestic violence situations. People call for police because they want the immediate violence to stop but they don't want to pursue charges because the other person may be the main breadwinner, they think they love them, or they're afraid of what'll happen when the other person gets out of jail. The report said she had teeth marks and redness, a cut and dry blood, and an abrasion. She never said there wasn't a physical altercation. She just said he may not have been the one who started it and she didn't want him prosecuted. That’s why it was dropped. People getting off with crimes on technicalities doesn't mean they're good people. Just means they beat the system that time. I wouldn't want him at UNT.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I understand and agree with innocent until proven innocent. That said, where there's smoke there's fire. She made a call to police and told officers what happened. Her public statement later said then that he was defending himself. Defending himself against what? Her? So she implied she was assaulting him first? She also said she didn't mean for him to be arrested which is very common in domestic violence situations. People call for police because they want the immediate violence to stop but they don't want to pursue charges because the other person may be the main breadwinner, they think they love them, or they're afraid of what'll happen when the other person gets out of jail. The report said she had teeth marks and redness, a cut and dry blood, and an abrasion. She never said there wasn't a physical altercation. She just said he may not have been the one who started it and she didn't want him prosecuted. That’s why it was dropped. People getting off with crimes on technicalities doesn't mean they're good people. Just means they beat the system that time. I wouldn't want him at UNT.

We probably agree for the most part.  

I wouldn't want him at UNT now, but I would if we were still in the Benford years🤣

Edited by NT93
I typed Bedford instead of Benford:(
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1