Here's a perfect example of effectiveness of masks in school - or rather ineffectiveness when not used correctly nor compliant. 

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7035e2.htm

IMG_20210827_175745.png

People continue to fall for logical fallacy that something has to work 100% of the time for them to consider it working. Are masks going to prevent infection? Obviously no. Does it effectively help so the spread? Obviously yes.

Can children below 12 get the vaccine? Nope. UTSW this week says their largest percentage increase in hospitalization is with children. 

Screenshot_20210827-180246.png

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin

I am feeling pretty proud of my kids' school - the school is already a mask mandatory institution, but today they announced the new policy requiring vaccinations for all staff. Also they announced the survey that shows the children of vaccination eligible age - 87% are fully vaccinated. 

The school formed a 'Medical Advisory Board' early on in this pandemic and relied on UTSW, BSW, Methodist and other top notch academic advisors on nearly every policy. This year the Advisory Board advised for required staff vaccination and the school board listened.  I am happy with their strong leadership and determination to keep the whole community safe. 

I wish that everyone could feel as safe as they feel they need to be with their children. I don't understand the political angle of this at all. It is about community safety and living your life as normal as possible.