WTH happened to the Eagle?

A couple days ago I was flipping through my presets on the radio and hit the one for the Eagle expecting to hear some good rock, yet to my shock and horror I got Sunny 97.1 playing I think a Phil Collins song, I don't know because I changed it in order to keep my hearing. So, what happened to the Eagle did Clear Channel screw Dallas?

KEGL-FM changes to adult contemporary

Dallas radio station "The Eagle" KEGL-FM (97.1) switched from hard rock to a soft adult- contemporary format Tuesday.

The playlist for the new station, dubbed "Sunny 97.1," includes 1960s through '80s tunes by artists such as the Beatles, Rod Stewart, Carole King and Billy Joel. On a new Web site, www.sunny971.com, the station bills the new format as "Sunny Music All Day!"

Disc jockeys have not been heard on the station since Monday afternoon. Robert Miguel, a longtime Eagle DJ, says on his Web site that he's out of a job.

Staffing plans have not been announced. Officials of station owner Clear Channel Communications did not return phone messages seeking comment.

Clear Channel also owns classic rocker KZPS-FM (92.5) and new-rock station KDGE-FM (102.1).

Ann Pinson

For anyone who's interested, Dangerous Darren is going to be the DJ from 11am-4pm on Hair Nation (Sirius radio).

I'm still hoping that Chris Ryan lands a job with XM as he was my fav DJ by far and I'd like to be able to hear him again.

GAAAAH!!!! I hate Clear Channel! It's not bad enough that all of their stations play the same tripe on the air, but to remove KEGL is awful. I love 92.5, but having two stations to turn to was awesome.

While you're damning Clear Channel...remember that KZPS is another Clear Channel station.

If you like 92.5, listen to 93.3 The Bone. Susquehannah Radio is so much more listner friendly...and doesn't spend all their time "building hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place".