Guest e-bone

First I would like to commend you on being one of the few people to post non UNT sports in the non UNT sports board.

Second I would like to say that Pat Tillman is a true American hero, and not just because he was killed. He turned down millions of dollars from playing in the NFL to protect and serve his country. It is sad that people like Terrel Owens cry and whine when he gets traded to a contender because he wasn't getting enough money and he gets more attention for that than Tillman did for leaving the NFL to join the military. Terrel Owens is a role model to more kids than Pat Tillman is, which is heart breaking.

I totally agree. Though I think it should be a #40 with an Army Rangers patch logo across it.

user posted image

I just hope people (namely the NFL and the US Govt.) don't try to take advantage of this. Sadly, it looks like people on eBay are already cashing in.

Edited by JayDub

Yeah...when I wrote that...I was kinda down at the fact that so many auctions had popped up in the few hours following the announcement. Then the bid hijackings up to $15,000 just made me laugh. Laugh at the fact that people are so dumb.

On a different note...I saw a pretty good documentary segment on ESPN earlier today...sounded like it was narrated by Kiefer Sutherland...about the Tillman brothers. Very moving.

Dan Patrick said what he thinks should be done to honor Tillman: the 40 yard lines at an NFL arena be in red white & blue. He said only one should be done like this, but I think it could be any stadium that wants to, but I agree with him in that it should stay for years and years and not just make it a "moment" thing and only there one year.

One listener had an idea I like, selling Tillman jerseys online and at stadiums with 100% of the profits go to help the families of fallen soldiers. I don't buy jerseys anymore, but I would buy that one. That is a great idea and would raise a lot of money, IMO.