Mean Green @ Arkansas St.

Gakusei

Coming off of a huge win against UALR, here's our chance to get another huge win that would undoubtedly bring out some of the more fair-weather fans. rolleyes.gif

The men's game starts at 4:05PM, and I believe will be rebroadcast on KNTU and 100.7.

We'll be going to the women's game at the Pit against the Ark St. women tomorrow night @ 7PM. No tailgating tomorrow night, tho.

I think a win would bring out the fence sitting fans but not the fair weather crowd. The fair weather crowd has no clue we are 10.5 dogs or will be impressed by hearing we beat ASU. IMO it would take a tournament appearance to bring in some fair weather fans.

A New Orleans loss at MUTS and a win tomorrow by the Mean Green would put us into a 2-way tie for 1st place in the Sun Belt (as opposed to our current 3-way tie for first). I didn't mean that we'd see a monumental shift in the number of people coming to the games, but I could easily see a 3000-3500 attendance for our South Alabama game next Saturday, compared with 2500 for NMSU.

Win or lose, this team is doing incredible after coming off a year like 2002-03. The veteran players (and Shojo, of course) seem to be stepping up more each game (especially Rogers), and some of the newer guys are coming off the bench and making some clutch plays (Watson, Barnett).

Beating the hell out of ASU would just be icing on the cake in a rivalry that's getting pretty ugly. mad.gif