Here is why you leave Benford to finish off the season...

Harry

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

Maybe that is a sense of entitlement but taking on someone else's shitshow where I'm expected to talk to the media, put myself firmly in the fanbase's crosshairs where every move I make is criticized, and all the other duties that a head coach must perform seems pretty deserving of a little more money in my bank account. If I were an assistant coach and the current head coach was getting fired, I'd just tell leadership to deal with it and I'm not going to cover for them.

So both times Chico was asked to take over the football program, he should of told the athletic department to shove it and this is your s show to fix?

Some things are more valuable than money, head coaching experience for an assistant is one of the them. The first go around he put himself as a legitimate contender for the job with the work he did as interm HC. You think that would of happened if he would of told them to "deal with it"? These asst coaches should of been chomping at the bit for their opportunity to show what they could do as a head coach. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

So both times Chico was asked to take over the football program, he should of told the athletic department to shove it and this is your s show to fix?

Some things are more valuable than money, head coaching experience for an assistant is one of the them. The first go around he put himself as a legitimate contender for the job with the work he did as interm HC. You think that would of happened if he would of told them to "deal with it"? These asst coaches should of been chomping at the bit for their opportunity to show what they could do as a head coach. 

It really is no use.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3