Trending: UNT Football

Tully

After watching basketball get way to close with UC freaking Riverside, the wife and I headed to Plano for the evening, still wearing my UNT gear.

It may not sound like much but I at least 10 random strangers tell me how they enjoyed our bowl win and congratulated me. I also had 2 guys stop me and want to talk about the season we had. It took me off guard everytime but it's great hearing people around DFW (I guess I mean more specifically outside of Denton) generating a little buzz about UNT.

GMG - Beat Texas

• Upvote 5

Good stuff Tully. I went to Home Depot today and purposefully wore all my Mean Green gear and was amazed at how many people stopped me to congratulate and talk about North Texas. I have worn UNT gear there before and not had one comment. Winning on a national stage makes such a huge difference.

Everyone needs to keep wearing their North Texas gear as often as they can in this offseason.

Have had my Mean Green/Texas flag flying out of my reaer auto window since I took it off Silver Eagle's pickup truck window post bowl win. (I loaned it to him for the ride to and fro' from Big D).

Several times last few days out here in Parker County got some quick honks off I-20 from those who saw the auto flag.

Then I make sure all the TCU customers at my Walmart have to look at my UNT cap and MG T-shirt over my black sweat shirt and a few expressions from Froggy fans I wish I could have caught on camera. :)

A couple of UT and TAMU alums/fans have also been complementary of our team and even fan presence at the Cotton Bowl Stadium.

This is all so nice and so long over-due. I hope we make this an annual habit now and I think we will.

GMG!

• Upvote 1