DMN Metro Section Headlines

KRAM1

Today's Dallas Morning News Metro section headlines...upper right above the fold:

"UNT, UT consider Beer Sales"... So AGAIN, UNT is in the papers...this time the Dallas Morning News regarding its beer sales opportunity.

I am sure that by letting this out the usuals suspects will try to make someone negative of it, but just so a little more of the facts are known...and for me it is a sensible decision....the decision has been placed on hold until a new president is seated. The current prez, who does not drink due to his personal beliefs, does not want to make the decision and immediately leave the results to a brand new prez.

While I am not excited about this bit of delay, it makes perfect sense to me and if I were the incoming prez I would not want this dropped in my lap. I would want to be part of the discussions.

Maybe this is one way that President Rawlins can help move this along without a bit of a challenge to his personal beliefs. I don't know as I have not spoken to the man about it, but it is a big decision...one A&M and Baylor do not want to deal with...and probably should be made with the new president on board. Makes sense from the university's standpoint. Definitely want the new prez to be behind this proposal, no one who might come in and stop it before it could really get started.

OK, cue the usual suspects who will do all they can to shed a negative slant. You know..."only at UNT, passing the buck, SMU has a great AD and can make decisions...only except he hasn't...always slow on decisions at UNT, our AD can't get anything done".

I hesitate to post updates as everyone knows it will only fire up the haters to spew some more of their venom. But, think about it folks...this is both sensible and appropriate. Not a decision to dump on the new guy as a already made deal...might even keep a great candidate or two from applying seeing that UNT's leaving administration slipped this in just before they left. Would rather have the new prez completely on board with this then one who would look to stop it before it proves itself a good move...which, of course, it will.

• Upvote 3

Good find, KRAM1...

I said this about 2 months ago but I like beer sales because it will help sober up some of our fans who drink too much during tail-gating.

If a few of that group are obviously too drunk standing in line at concessions for another brew'sky, I don't think they would be sold 1 cup of beer....period.

? Just sell beer thru the end of the 3'rd quarter (last call for alcohol?) and then merely stop selling beer.

Beer sales gets more (older) students out for the game and that demographic age group we need more of, right?

GMG!

PS: Trust me, the day Baylor would ever sell beer would be the true eve of Armageddon; that is, unless they could get by selling it in coffee cups.:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1