I posted this on the general forum but I think more will see it on her

North Texas Shep

I am not sure if you guys do events that are non-sports related, but it could be fun. Maybe get some local bands (So many of them have North Texas students or Alumni in them) and just throw down. We could even give the door money to a local charity. I would be willing to help set it up since I manage Rubber Gloves in town. What do you guys think?

Would you guys show up if we had an event?

• Upvote 1

we could call it something like Fry Street Fair or something like that (The Delta Lodge is on fire!) and it could get huge and then Denton culd get mad they are not getting their cut and move it off fry street to the fair grounds and practically kill it and then once north Texas kills the Delta Lodge it could be moved bac to Fry Street with way too small of an area and really screwed up logistics and it would fold for good.....it would be great while it lasted!

well that and the citizens from east of the Rubber Gloves area might be tempted to show up...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

we could call it something like Fry Street Fair or something like that (The Delta Lodge is on fire!) and it could get huge and then Denton culd get mad they are not getting their cut and move it off fry street to the fair grounds and practically kill it and then once north Texas kills the Delta Lodge it could be moved bac to Fry Street with way too small of an area and really screwed up logistics and it would fold for good.....it would be great while it lasted!

well that and the citizens from east of the Rubber Gloves area might be tempted to show up...

Most of our customers are people that used to go to Fry st, but got to old or got tired of the new crowd. We have a few old Delta Lodge guys there on the regular.

Also, I could care less if the people East of Rubber Gloves show up. A customer is a customer regardless of where they live.

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 1

Stupid question , but where is Rubber Gloves ? I haven't been out in Denton in a LONG time

It is on Sycamore st. over the railroad tracks on the other side of bell. Rubber Gloves has been there 15 years. It picked up the shows that the Argo had when it shut down and it has been going strong since then.

Appreciate the "brief" reply.

BTW, you are just a walking book of historical facts, aren't you.

• Upvote 1

;)

Well since fatherhood my days of getting out are kinda numbered... I'm sure u know what I mean

Happy New Year :jig:

Oh, indeed...try it with three little ones at home...but, we did take in a UNT BB game when our youngest was three days old. Kid grew up to be a UNT ball boy for about 6 years during the Gales era. So, watch out...taking them to a game when so young leads to interesting things.

Enjoy it...they grow up and have families of their own way to soon.

Yep, Happy New Year!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1