Why doesn't JimJim get the bulk of the carries?

UNTstormchaser

You know? I think it is a euphemism for "he doesn't do anything else really well other than run straight ahead." Gotta think they like his running straight ahead and not trying to dance. Compared to Jeremy Brown, who is really shifty, and Jimmerson, who can shed and dance, Byrd is left with "power guy" as the best description of his skills. You are right though. He isn't particularly strong nor is he amazingly more effective in short yardage.

My thoughts exactly. That's what he's been relegated to as far as roles are concerned and it has stuck, for whatever reason. He's not a bad back, I just don't see what he has done to earn that title.

On a side note before we move away from this topic, the best thing I have seen from Byrd all year was during the Houston game when we gave him the ball out of shotgun and ran a zone blocking scheme. He ran very well on those runs and I have been kind of disappointed that we have not allowed him to do that anymore. But I digress, as I am merely an armchair coach.

• Upvote 1